This release was planned to be later in the year but the F# September CTP 2008 required major updates in the inner working of VSLab. This release is the first for F# 1.9.6 and subsequent versions. If you need to use earlier releases of the language please refer to R. Daneel
release. Documentation will be updated as soon as possible, for the moment refer to R. Daneel
R2D2 version has been updated to include few minor issues.Important:
The first time you have to go to the VS addin manager and explicitly check the VSLab addin. VSLab is now loaded by Alt+Shift+V command and the add-in gets automatically loaded after the first run.
- Integration with F# 126.96.36.199
- Viewlets are now integrated with a library supporting lightweight controls.
- Override of fsc.exe has finally been removed thanks to the new VS integration
- Less hacks in the system and better local installation
- .vslab files have been replaced by .fsx files (though the design should be improved here)
: To upgrade F# remove VSLab before uninstalling F#, and reinstall both.