This is a major release of VSLab, several bugs have been fixed and the notion of package
has been introduced. Packages are simple .NET assemblies with few additional metadata to integrate with the package management of VSLab.
This current release of VSLab is not compatible with F# CTP released in september due to the significant changes in the Visual Studio integration. We are currently working to upgrade VSLab to this new release (hope to be by the first week of September). If you want to try it please download F# 22.214.171.124 from Microsoft Research F# Web Site. We are very sorry for the inconvenient.
- Viewlets are no more distributed as a vslabviewlets.dll assembly but in packages
- Managed DirectX is no more required for installing VSLab
- Installed packages can be selected during installation
- Names of VSLabFSICore dll have been redesigned (check your examples)
- Read documentation (available ASAP) for more information about package design
: To upgrade F# remove VSLab before uninstalling F#, and reinstall both.