where is the fundational math library

Feb 14, 2009 at 6:31 AM
hi,

after i tried vslab, i found it is very promising to replace Matlab, but i feel vslab is just a IDE using F# interactive as visualization front end  yet.
the general scientific environment needs a sound math engine or lib as the back end, is there plans to create or bind such libs. that's all i thank about.

i really get exsited about this kind of project, cause i am sort of tired of Matlab, and wish it success! 
Coordinator
Feb 14, 2009 at 7:44 AM

You can use the Math.NET library:

http://mathnet.opensourcedotnet.info/

-- Antonio

Sent: sabato 14 febbraio 2009 7.31
To: Antonio Cisternino
Subject: where is the fundational math library [vslab:47125]

hi,

after i tried vslab, i found it is very promising to replace Matlab, but i feel vslab is just a IDE using F# interactive as visualization front end yet.
the general scientific environment needs a sound math engine or lib as the back end, is there plans to create or bind such libs. that's all i thank about.

i really get exsited about this kind of project, cause i am sort of tired of Matlab, and wish it success!

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (vslab@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email vslab@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Feb 23, 2009 at 4:01 AM
Just an aside, F# is a "friendly" language and items like VSLab are for experimentation, not replacement for products like MatLab.
Oct 19, 2009 at 12:57 AM
Edited Oct 19, 2009 at 1:10 AM

I think Microsoft F# PowerPack for .NET 4.0 will suite some people greatly.

And some other stuff http://www.diigo.com/list/asdandrizzo/net-computer-science